Informative Speech Ideas - How To
Thank you for your fine confidence! Just as I always say: keep on going and growing in your public speaking training efforts! I keep helping.
Only use visual aids to assist you in clarifying and supporting the thoughts of your informative speech ideas, but first check the public speaking assignment rules on visual aid in relation to the one you find in my list of 100+ ideas.
Document your material, because then it is easy to turn up the pages of your reference books for a closer research of your speech topic.
The Specific Purpose
Now that you have found enough material to outline, nail down your specific goal or statement. Capture it in a infinitive phrase that says it all.
Example of a clear idea: E.g. I will inform my audience of the four stages of painting a wall. Then work out the - let's say - five stages.
Stage 1. deciding on the color
Stage 2. buying the paint and accessoires
Stage 3. stopping gaps
Stage 4. cleaning the wall
Stage 5. the painting work itself.
How To Outline Your Informative Speech Ideas
Now create a clear, effective and simple speech blueprint for firt mapping, secondly creating and thirdly writing.
1. Gain attention by stating an attention getting introduction.
2. State why your information is essential. Why you want to tell them.
3. Illustrate and prove the need by use examples, comparisons and illustrations.
4. Then satisfy the needs. Show the steps, main points or ideas in a logical, chronological or topical order.
5. Summarize each point before you proceed to the next point. See if they understand you.
6. Summarize your central speech idea and state the steps briefly.
7. End with a strong conclusion, that helps the public to remember your message.
8. Ask if there are questions.