9 Acceptance Speech Topics
Acceptance speech sample template as the key to happiness while receiving honor at an award ceremony and responding when you are being nominated as recipient. Not just for Pulitzer prize winners … Use it to reply words in which you are being nominated or presentated as recipient. The scheme is even suitable for someone who talks on behalf of someone who can not appear in person:
|Following my 4 speech topics tips will prevent painless situations and rambling. |
My first tip: always start writing as soon as you are being nominated, since the ritual can be emotional.
You do not want to perform like some award ceremony winners on televison; emotionally and endlessly thanking everybody they know.
Okay, I agree, some acceptance addresses are very humorous exceptions.
But there are just a few people who have this talent. After a thunderous applause, you can rely on a steady prepared talk and enjoy!
|My Acceptance Speech Template|
Pick out the public speaking speech topics you need and adapt them carefully to the event or special occasion you are asked for to speak.
This outline template has been proven successfully for many public speakers around the world.
Especially for those who had to create an acceptance speech
for some kind of an event.
My 4 Tips For Delivering
- 1. Open with graciously acknowledging the award, prize, honor or gift. E.g. express gratitude for the recognition of your work and / or the accomplishments.
- 2. Thank the organization or the hosting company by replying the presenting public speaker in a few sentences. Look at her or him when you thank the group of key persons who organized the award ceremony.
- 3. Thank the audience for their gracious comments and feedback on your achievements. E.g. offer some examples of things that should never have happened or reached without their support. Express your appreciation for recognizing your successes.
- 4. Thank all who made it possible that you get this honor. Give generous credit to whom have contributed to your success.
E.g. mention their names if it only affects a few persons. Or mention the most relevant individuals. But remember: no endless boring long thank you lists, with names nobody has ever heard of!
Audiences fear those long performances; they start groaning and moaning. But most of the time the awarded speaker does not have the vaguest idea of his terrible talk.
- 5. Conclude your feelings and emotions about being honored in one sentence. A good approach is answering this neat question: What do all nice words and compliments really mean to you?
Catch it in one eight word oneliner and there is your thread running through the thank yous!
- 6. Offer your points of view on what you consider the most important milestone. Focus in your speaking speech on the values you stand for by using metaphors and archetypal narratives.
- 7. End with aying something about your sincere acknowledgement of the values or the goals of the award organization. Stress their importance.
- 8. Say: - for the last time in your acceptance speech - Thank You, and end with: Enjoy the rest of the evening ... or likewise acceptance quotes as long as the action-and-effect are similar.
- 9. ... and return to your seat amidst loud applause after delivering!
These tips are the standard for an acceptance speech and not only for bookworms or Pulitzer prize winners. I have actualized them shortly, due to the various positive feedback remarks I got. Thanks very much for sharing - I'm sincerely grateful to you all!
- Be graceful, polite and courteous, and stay modest under all circumstances you can think of.
- Keep it brief, three to five minutes will do - that is the upper limit. Of course it depends on the character of the occasion. Figure that out with the hosts.
- Nevertheless, three to five is a classical set-up.
- Copy out your notes for possible speech topics when you prepare. Make a rough draft on for example post-it notes and worl them out.
- The language and writing style you use should perfectly fit the dignity of the meeting and the public speaking occasion. Ask the award ceremony hosting organization for special requirements or codes, if you don't know it exactly.
Talking about code - do not forget to ask what the dress code is Black Tie perhaps? Imagine that all guests wearing tuxedos and evening dresses and you appear in informal attire :-)
Such nightmare situations can be avoid, only ask. Congratulations with the honor bestowed upon you, to use an oldfashioned but true saying, and good luck with writing and delivering:
Do like this page:
Some touching award thank-you talk from a celeb?
Click on the links...
Mariah Carey Talks
Note from Speech Topics Help Jim: This is a nice example format I received from Lisa Johnson. It is the short and sharp Mariah Carey talk, because it …
Bono Acceptance Speech
The Bono Acceptance Speech at the NAACP Awards is my favorite. The musician and activist received the Chairman's Award during the March 2, 2007 live broadcast …
President of a Professional Organization
Let me begin by saying it's both an honor and privilege to stand before you as I accept the responsibility to serve as your next president of the ICFSEB, …
Click here to write your own.
Copyright 2005 - 2020 All rights reserved.